Monday, July 14

Picking up Nonnie and the boys for the Family Beach Trip

The trip began Thursday night when Jared and I offered to help Mom out by picking up Nonnie and the boys from North Alabama in order for us to leave for the beach on Satuday.


Jared and I got to Nonnie’s house in Muscle Shoals, AL around 10 pm on Thursday and spent the night with her. The next morning Nonnie had a delicious breakfast ready for us when we got up then we packed up her stuff and headed to Russellville, AL to visit my Mom’s side of the family before picking up my brothers at Rustic Youth Camp.


During our visit with my Grandparents I get 4 urgent calls from Colton, my youngest brother, within an hour asking “When are you going to be here?” “I’m ready to go?” “Where are you?” “Are you here yet, it’s raining?” So, Jared and I rushed our visit with my Grandmother, Granddaddy and Great Grandmother to come pick up the boys who we thought were dying to leave. We pull up to Rustic Youth Camp and Colton runs down the hill and said Clint, my second youngest brother, isn’t ready to leave yet… my face gets a little heated… then Colton proceeds to tell me that Clint is in the final championship game for their camp ping pong tournament. So, Clint comes down to the car (it’s still raining) and says “I’m sorry I’m in the final game I can’t leave.” So, I look over at Colton with steam blowing out my ears and asked him why on earth he rushed us to get here when Clint wasn’t ready to leave and hasn’t even started the game he has to play in. So, Jared stayed in the car with Nonnie and Miami, our dog, b/c it was raining really hard and you either had to go up or down a hill to get to where the tournament was being held. It turned out ok, I am glad I got to see Clint play he did really well but ended up coming in second place.



Colton also placed second in his ages' ping pong tournament. This picture is of Colton and his friend who was the winner:)




Below are pictures of Clint and his friends from Rustic Youth Camp






A picture of Clint's mad skills in the final ping pong match


No comments: