Tuesday, August 31

15 Weeks

Jared and I had another visit yesterday morning with Dr. Gregory. We didn't get an ultrasound (sigh) but we got to hear the strong heartbeat. We told Gregory that we decided to not get any genetic testing done but I still haven't decided what my birth plan will be. Believe it or not I’m leaning toward no epidural but I DO RESERVE THE RIGHT to chicken out! … I’ll let you know. :)

Best quotes of our visit:
Gregory (whilst checking for the heartbeat): Here she is... here she is again... She's just all over the place!
Jared (glancing at me with an accusatory look and sarcastically replying): Great!
Me (laughing hysterically): That means she's like me!
Gregory: What do they say... You pay for your raising!

I'm now 15 weeks (the size of an apple or orange)! 174 days to go! :) Here is a slightly disturbing yet cool video of an animated baby at 15-20 weeks.

Babycenter.com's update on baby: "Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam."

Mommy News:
I'm feeling much better overall! I have more energy which is fabulous! :)
No new weird cravings... just milk and McDonald's. However I do eat ALL THE TIME!

Our next doctor's appointment with an ultrasound is October 4... but I just got an appointment to get a free ultrasound at Virginia College this Thursday!! So, we'll know if we are having a boy or a girl this Thursday! Yay! :) SO SO SO excited!!

Please keep us in your prayers!

Friday, August 27

Gender Predictions

Since I'm only 14 weeks pregnant and my next apt will be August 30 (only 15 weeks pregnant) I probably won't know the gender until the end of September. So why not try some gender prediction tools for fun! :)

Here are the tests and the results that I found:

Chinese Pregnancy Calendar - Boy

Old Wives Tales (I'm not quite far enough along to answer some of these but here it goes):

Q: If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? Girl.
A: I sleep on my stomach still but mostly have my head facing the right side. Girl

Q: Extreme nausea means you are having a girl.
A: I have major nausea! Girl

Q: If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl.
A: More dry, but I thought that was because I have to tinkle all the time so I wash my hands way more times a day than normal. Boy

Q: If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl.
A: I do love me some oranges! Girl

Q: If your skin breaks out, expect a girl.
A: My skin hasn't been to bad but worse then normal. Girl

Q: If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy.
A: I'm super clumsy anyway and have NEVER felt graceful. Boy

Q: If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl.
A: I don't think so. Boy

Q: Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl.
A: I've never been a sweets lover... I'd pick french fries over cake any day! Boy

Q: If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy.
A: No idea. Inconclusive

Q: Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl.
A: I'm super spacey but I don't think I've been moody... Jared thinks I have. Girl
Try These Scenarios

Q: Dangle a chain with a charm over your palm. It is swings back and forth: boy. In a circle: girl.
A: Back and forth. Boy

Q: How would you show someone your hands? Palms up? It's a girl. Down? A boy.
A: If someone asked me to show them my hands I would show them palms up. Girl

Q: Hang a ring on a chain over your belly. Swings back and forth? It's a girl. In a circular motion, a boy.
A: Circular. Boy

Q: If a toddler boy shows interest in your belly, you'll have a girl. If he ignores you, it's a boy.
A: My nephew ignored my belly a few weeks ago. Boy

Q: Guess the baby's sex by eating garlic. If the smell seeps out of your pores -- boy. No scent -- girl.
A: No thanks! Inconclusive

Q: If you pick up a key by the round end, you're having a boy. If it's by the long end? A girl.
A: Long end. Girl

Conception Clues

Q: If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it's girl. One even, one odd means a boy.
A: 26 and 2010. Girl

Q: If the baby's heart beats more than 150 times per minute, you'll have a girl. Less than 150, a boy.
A: High 150s. Girl

Q: A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.
A: No idea. Inconclusive

Q: If you dream about having a girl, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.
A: In all my dreams I'm just pregnant. However I did dream that I had a dog the other day and went to see Dr. Gregory highly ticked off because the ultrasound shows a human... I wasn't really worried about if the dog was a male or a female. I woke up crying! Inconclusive

Amazingpregnancy.com/oldwivestales - 80% chance of a boy and 20% chance of a girl. Girl

Drano Test - Q: The drano test combines a tablespoon of Drano and urine together. If the mixture turns green, it’s a girl. If it turns blue, it’s a boy.
A: So, when I read how to do this it grossed me out. Inconclusive

Branches - Q: The eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl.
A: I see branches! Girl

Headaches: - Q: If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy.
A: Many a headache. Boy

Baby Names - Q: It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particularly baby.
A: We only mostly agree on a boy name. Boy

Childbirth.org - 33% boy and 66% chance of having a girl (this is mostly Inconclusive because I'm not far enough along to answer some of these questions.)

Girl Total = 12
Boy Total = 10

This is really close... but I think I'll rely on the ultrasound results!

Tuesday, August 24

100 Days Pregnant!

We are excited to announce that we have been pregnant for 100 days! Yay! At 14 weeks I am in my second trimester. I'm due February 20th. :) 

Our little bean's debut during my 7th week (about the size of a blueberry) on July 8th. This was so amazing! We could hear the baby's heartbeat which was going really fast. (You'll notice on the ultrasound pic there is a dark spot, about the size of the baby, which is a fluid sac... Dr. Gregory said that more times then not this should just go away but women who have these are more prone to a miscarriage. Gregory scheduled another ultrasound 4 weeks later so she could keep an eye on the fluid sac. Thank God this did go away and a perk was that we got an extra ultrasound to see the baby again!)

On August 2 during my 11th week (size of a lime) our prayers were answered, no sac! This is a pic of baby looking like she is sucking her thumb. :)

Our sweet ultrasound person (not sure of the technical name) turned on the 4D and took a pic. The entire time we watched baby she was kicking her feet and waving her arms... she'll either be a dancer or a cheerleader! If by some chance she is a he... he'll be a very rowdy golfer! :) Her heartbeat is still strong and she is measuring 3 days bigger than her due date.

Mommy News

  • Nonprego I hate milk, the taste is just disgusting to me but now I love it and can't get enough.
  • Most days I ACHE for McDonald's, my sis calls the baby "Mcbaby" (Grey's fans will like that... like, McDreamy and McSteamy).
I'm starting to show! I have always liked baby doll or empire waisted tops and dresses so a lot of my clothes already look maternity-ish but all my work pants are quite snug!

I have had some true crying time devoted to the fact that I cannot ride horses for another 180 days plus recovery time... sigh. :( I am having major with drawls and we have a Sawgrass trip planned this weekend! I haven't fallen off a horse in years but because there is a strong possibility my doctor said it was not a good idea... my planning to still ride but just walk the horses was quickly squashed when Jared more emphatically said I'm not allowed to chance it. So, this blog will be full of news of our life after the PLUS sign the next 26ish weeks instead of fun horse stories... I may have to tell some old stories from back in the day to keep it interesting. :)

A book the hospital gave us also says I can't play tennis because it is considered a very "jarring" sport. These type sports could possibly detach the baby from the placenta. So, no more posts on my tennis progress... if you could call it that. :)

Please help us pray for baby Woodward's progress and our soon to be parenting skills! :)