Tuesday, August 24

100 Days Pregnant!

We are excited to announce that we have been pregnant for 100 days! Yay! At 14 weeks I am in my second trimester. I'm due February 20th. :) 

Our little bean's debut during my 7th week (about the size of a blueberry) on July 8th. This was so amazing! We could hear the baby's heartbeat which was going really fast. (You'll notice on the ultrasound pic there is a dark spot, about the size of the baby, which is a fluid sac... Dr. Gregory said that more times then not this should just go away but women who have these are more prone to a miscarriage. Gregory scheduled another ultrasound 4 weeks later so she could keep an eye on the fluid sac. Thank God this did go away and a perk was that we got an extra ultrasound to see the baby again!)

On August 2 during my 11th week (size of a lime) our prayers were answered, no sac! This is a pic of baby looking like she is sucking her thumb. :)

Our sweet ultrasound person (not sure of the technical name) turned on the 4D and took a pic. The entire time we watched baby she was kicking her feet and waving her arms... she'll either be a dancer or a cheerleader! If by some chance she is a he... he'll be a very rowdy golfer! :) Her heartbeat is still strong and she is measuring 3 days bigger than her due date.


Mommy News

Cravings:
  • Nonprego I hate milk, the taste is just disgusting to me but now I love it and can't get enough.
  • Most days I ACHE for McDonald's, my sis calls the baby "Mcbaby" (Grey's fans will like that... like, McDreamy and McSteamy).
I'm starting to show! I have always liked baby doll or empire waisted tops and dresses so a lot of my clothes already look maternity-ish but all my work pants are quite snug!

I have had some true crying time devoted to the fact that I cannot ride horses for another 180 days plus recovery time... sigh. :( I am having major with drawls and we have a Sawgrass trip planned this weekend! I haven't fallen off a horse in years but because there is a strong possibility my doctor said it was not a good idea... my planning to still ride but just walk the horses was quickly squashed when Jared more emphatically said I'm not allowed to chance it. So, this blog will be full of news of our life after the PLUS sign the next 26ish weeks instead of fun horse stories... I may have to tell some old stories from back in the day to keep it interesting. :)

A book the hospital gave us also says I can't play tennis because it is considered a very "jarring" sport. These type sports could possibly detach the baby from the placenta. So, no more posts on my tennis progress... if you could call it that. :)

Please help us pray for baby Woodward's progress and our soon to be parenting skills! :)

12 comments:

Anna said...

Wow! I can't believe I'm the first one to leave a comment. GREAT news!!! I'm excited for you guys. God bless you and your precious new little one! It's an experience you will never forget! ;) Forget riding horses, and welcome to the ride of your life. LOL

Jessica Bradford Odom said...

So so excited for the baby updates! What size is she today?
:)

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Thanks! We are so excited!

I'm in my second trimester!
"This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces."

:)

Jessica Bradford Odom said...

It's funny to me that this description says "he."

Rachel said...

Yes, well... b/c I want a girl so bad she will probably be a "he"... :(

:)

Paul and Sarah said...

Just wait till it weight 1.5 pounds!!! or MORE your work pants will be REAL snug.

Christopher, Jenna, Cooper & Maggie said...

Congrats Rachel!! I'm so excited for yall!

The King's said...

yeah!!! congratulations rachel & jared!! you will be wonderful parents!! we are so excited for you guys!!

Kristin said...

So exciting!! I am so happy for the two of you!!

AFlurry said...

Well of course I knew all this from Justin & Jared's talkings but I didn't want to post anything on here until you did, so...glad you did!!! Glad to hear things are going so well!! CONGRATS! :)

McKinney Madness said...

I'm so so so happy for ya'll! Isn't it crazy when you start showing? It's like all of a sudden it becomes more real!! Can't wait to meet baby Woodward!