Tuesday, August 31

15 Weeks

Jared and I had another visit yesterday morning with Dr. Gregory. We didn't get an ultrasound (sigh) but we got to hear the strong heartbeat. We told Gregory that we decided to not get any genetic testing done but I still haven't decided what my birth plan will be. Believe it or not I’m leaning toward no epidural but I DO RESERVE THE RIGHT to chicken out! … I’ll let you know. :)

Best quotes of our visit:
Gregory (whilst checking for the heartbeat): Here she is... here she is again... She's just all over the place!
Jared (glancing at me with an accusatory look and sarcastically replying): Great!
Me (laughing hysterically): That means she's like me!
Gregory: What do they say... You pay for your raising!

I'm now 15 weeks (the size of an apple or orange)! 174 days to go! :) Here is a slightly disturbing yet cool video of an animated baby at 15-20 weeks.

Babycenter.com's update on baby: "Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam."

Mommy News:
I'm feeling much better overall! I have more energy which is fabulous! :)
No new weird cravings... just milk and McDonald's. However I do eat ALL THE TIME!

Our next doctor's appointment with an ultrasound is October 4... but I just got an appointment to get a free ultrasound at Virginia College this Thursday!! So, we'll know if we are having a boy or a girl this Thursday! Yay! :) SO SO SO excited!!

Please keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Jessica Bradford Odom said...

Can't wait to find out if McBaby is a McShe or McHe :)

Love!