Thursday, September 2

A Tiny Penis is Growing Inside Me

Jared and I scheduled a free ultrasound at Virgina College today! It's a boy! I was hoping for a little girl to dress up but I've been bracing myself (I actually wrote most of this post yesterday, I just had a feeling).

We were Jennifer's (our ultrasound student) final exam. She did a great job and the best part was that we got to watch him for a long time! He would flip from side to side, kick, hiccup, and suck his thumb. Jennifer said she has never seen a baby suck his thumb the entire time like ours. He was very ok with posing for her because at one point she asked him very nicely to stretch out his leg and he did! :)

Here he is sucking his thumb :)

Jared lit up when she said "here is his little turtle"  
Our baby boy's middle name is "Thomas" because it is Jared's middle name and his dad's first name but the first name is still up in the air... What do yall think, 1, 2, or 3?
  1. Caleb Thomas (I've always loved the name "Caleb" but it has gotten really popular.)
  2. Cade Thomas (Love the name but Luke named his dog "Cade.")
  3. Dean Thomas (This is my favorite name but Jared says "Dean" is a girl name.)
My cousin Codie reminded me of a Sex and the City quote that made me laugh...
Carrie (to Miranda): Do you realize you're growing a teeny tiny penis inside you? That is so sci-fi!

Please continue to pray for our baby boy! :)

10 comments:

The Penter Family said...

As soon as I read your post title, I rememebered it from Sex and the City immiediately! Congratulations. Boys are a lot of fun and they LOVE their mommas the most... at least when they are little!

Kristin said...

Boys are the BEST!! They really love their moms. You will have so much fun! Congratulations!

Paul and Sarah said...

Congrats Girl!! How exciting! I loved the title of this post! Paul was laughing as I read it to him. And he liked the little turtle comment.

Paul and Sarah said...

Oh and we like name 1 not that it matters!

Mandy said...

yay for a boy! He will be precious. Congrats! I like number 3!

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh! A BOY! You know I love my little boy munchkin. :-) There is nothing like a little boy's love for his mama. Pretty soon you'll be like me and won't even know how to look for pink! The only thing I have bought for our baby girl is BLUE! It's so hard to switch over!

Whitney said...

Oh, and I like Caleb Thomas, too.

Jamie Grizzle said...

I agree with Whitney, you will not have it any other way. I am so excited that Asher will have another little boy friend! I think Dean Thomas is cute and special because it is a family name from both sides. And Dean is totally NOT a girly name. It is good both ways! Kind of like Jamie, hehe.

Cortney said...

I'm going for "Cade Thomas" as my favorite!! Thomas is also Trey's middle name, so I'm sure it will make it into a boy name of ours if we ever have one (a boy that is)!!

Anna said...

I like Caleb Thomas too!!!!!!!!!! Mainly because we have a sweet, precous Caleb Thomas! :)
Seriously! Go for it! :)