Wednesday, October 29

What a Beautiful Morning (Continues)

Jared and I had a TiVo in 2002, which was before rewinding live tv, scheduling recordings, and recording one show while watching another live was considered a common home gadget necessity. This morning I thought to myself how nice it would be if I could just this one time rewind my life to the night before to SHUT MY GARAGE DOOR!!!
Rewind... After filling my University of Alabama tervis tumbler full of cran-grape juice as usual and grabbing a light and fit yogurt out of the fridge, peach again… I really need to go to the grocery store… I was relieved that Jared was still upstairs getting ready so he would take Miami outside to do her business and I could head to work, stop to get gas and time would still be on my side. The wind hit my face as I opened our back door thinking I sure do love that the weather is now cold enough for me to wear my super cute long twilled black, pink, and cream coat on this beautiful fall morning... Looking up and walking out to my car I wondered did I close the garage door last night or did Jared open it this morning??
Fast-forward… I was almost to work when Jared calls me, FUMING, telling me that his brand new iTouch that he got from work a week ago today for passing his CPA exams was not in his car. Flipping out, I apologized about a hundred times for not thinking about checking to see if the garage door was down last night, as I habitually do. Then he called again to ask if I had taken my beloved Jane, my GPS system, out of his car... he had barrowed her Monday b/c he was going on a business trip… “Nope” I said, a little teary eyed.
I sure am lost without Jane. :(
So, following my terrible Tuesday morning two weeks ago is today, knowing that Wednesday’s Wisteria Thief is still at large.

…what a beautiful morning! :)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

How sad. :-( There has been a streak of car break-ins in Ross Bridge lately, too. I think it has to do with the economy. I guess someone will be getting a Tom-Tom and an iPhone for Christmas this year. You'll be buying one for the SECOND time, while a less-deserving-soul gets one for free. C'est la vie!

Codie's Blog said...

Rachel...so sad! Tell Jared not to worry maybe someone rich will draw his name this year (hope it isn't me). Poor Jane, so NOT helpful on our way to Georgia. What a sad day for the both of you!