Tuesday, October 14

What a Beautiful Morning

I took my time getting ready this morning. I was having a terrific straight hair day and had a cute outfit picked out for my work team photo at 2pm this afternoon. Looked in the mirror for a last second do these pants fit me alright confirmation thought then headed downstairs. I let Miami out to do her business which she did in record time. I fixed myself my usual cran-grape juice in my Alabama tervis tumbler cup and grabbed a light and fit yogurt out of the fridge, peach b/c I’m out of the better flavors, said bye to Miami and was out the door. Yesterday I had forgotten to shut our garage door so after walking to my car and setting my stuff down I fished for my garage door opener which was at the bottom of my purse, shut the door to my car and cranked her up. I then proceeded to roll down my window as I often do on a beautiful morning like today, stuck my head out and guided my way out of the driveway when BAM…SPLASH, I just realized I left my Alabama tervis tumbler cup full of cran-grape juice on the roof of my car when I went digging through my purse. The cup hit and poured from the top of my head down my cute black top into the back of my stylish red BeBe pants and onto the back seat of my car. Pausing for a moment to think how on earth I had managed to have such a Terry Hatcher from Desperate Housewives moment... I got out to access the damage to the car. I then ran upstairs to see if there was any way to avoid taking a shower; nope I could feel the ice cold cran-grape juice on my scalp. So, I took the fastest shower of my life, scrunched dried my hair so I wouldn’t have to dry it all the way, threw on an outfit and got to my car with fabric cleaner and a beach towel. Ten minutes later I was backing out of the driveway yet again, now realizing I had not reapplied make-up but kept going, this is just how I’m going to have to look for my picture.
I called Joyce, my boss, and left her a message saying "I’m late this morning it involves cran-grape juice, my hair and my car, something to look forward to; I’ll see you in 20."

Bet your morning is looking much brighter! :)

6 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Rach, I am sorry you had an eventful morning. My thoughts on something like that are, you may have saved yourself from being in a horrible accident or something. Sometimes timing is crucial. Hope your day gets better. It is a funny story and hope you get to look back on it with a laugh. You seem to have taken pretty well considering!

Jamie Grizzle said...

That is hilarious! You are so right, that is totally a Susanesque moment! I am so sorry your morning took a surprising turn, but that really did make me laugh out loud!

Whitney said...

Haha! I can't help but laugh as I mentally replayed your morning in my head! I hope your picture turns out fantastic despite your rough morning! :-)

The Penter Family said...

i'm glad to see you are blogging again... i'm just sorry it took something like this to make you do it! funny storry though!

Codie's Blog said...

Rachel, I don't think that these are Susan moments anymore. This story reminded me of our little Mt. Dew incident going to Luke's graduation. I too laughed out loud knowing that only you could take the quickest shower, scruch your hair, not wear make-up and still make a fabulous picture! I still stand by my comment of you and Jared having a reality show! You are too funny! Hope you have a great week!!

McKinney Madness said...

HILARIOUS! And just when I thought my Tuesday was stressful, I read your blog and feel MUCH better! ha! At least you can laugh about it, right?! :)