Tuesday, December 14

30 Weeks Pregnant and 10 Weeks to Go!

Jared and I went to see another doctor in Dr. Gregory's practice, Dr. Favor, yesterday. I really enjoyed meeting her! Dr. Favor let me know that McBaby is right on track! My tummy is measuring at 30 cm which is exactly where he is suppose to be and his heartbeat is strong. If she had to guess McBaby will probably be a 7 1/2 pound baby if he comes on time! Jared and I were both 7 something babies so... Yay!

Whattoexpect.com says McBaby is the size of a head of lettuce (18 in, 3.2 lbs). His brain is working overtime and he can now perceive information from all five senses... although he won't be able to smell until he is outside of the amniotic fluid.



Since Jared and I decided not to do a 4D ultrasound, I thought I would share this pic that my friend Stephanie sent me from her recent trip to the Chicago Science Museum.

This is what a baby would look like at 26 weeks and 4 days.

Mommy News:
I'm doing good besides the fact that I've never been more uncomfortable with my own body!
He kicks and punches all the time now, I seriously think he gave me a fist pump yesterday... so cool!Although he does like to kick me in this one nerve that gives me a shooting pain... so when I jump from it anyone near me looks at me like I'm crazy!
We finally registered at Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us and Target last weekend! I would advise anyone to register online first and then go check out if you want to make changes at the stores!! Registering is so overwhelming but lucky for me I have a super organized friend, Jamie, who gave us a big boost! Jared posted on FB "Our registry looks eerily similar to yours. If there was such a thing as registry plagiarism, Rachel would be guilty."  I love that he posted that but just to give you a clear picture of how our registry adventure went... we would be looking at something and trying to decide which one we want and Jared would say, "look at Jamie's, what did she get?" :)
Our nursery has been dreamed up but we have done nothing! So, hopefully we will begin putting all that together soon!

Thanks for all your prayers, keep them coming!

1 comment:

Jamie Grizzle said...

haha...I am so glad that you were able to use my "boost"! Seriously, it makes me sooo happy!! Although, now the pressure is on. If you don't like something, it will be my fault. Yikes!