Tuesday, November 30

28 Weeks Along, 12 Weeks Left and a Glucose Test

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. McBaby is measuring on schedule and his heart beat is still strong! Yea!! One of my newsletters says he is as big as a small cabbage (17 in., 2.9 lbs) but another says he is as big as an eggplant, here is our eggplant.

Yesterday, I started my morning with a bigger breakfast than my usual pop-tart while running out the door. I fixed myself French toast, yum. However, while I was waiting in the doctor's office Jared said it probably wasn't a good idea since syrup is pure sugar... oops. That got me nervous and I was sure to fail and have to take the 3 hour Glucose test next time... but I don't.

I received all my results today:
  • Glucose test was 74 which is good (over 135 is not good).
  • Red Blood Count - Hematotrit (I had my nurse spell this but can't find it so I might have misspelled her spelling, I did find Hematocrit) was 32.8 which is low (over 35 is good) so I need to start taking an iron pill... I'm only slightly anemic.
  • Red Blood Count - Hemoglobin was 11.1 which is fine (over 11 is good), since it was close they'll run this lab again next time.
  • Platelets were 149 which is slightly low (over 150 is good), they'll run this lab again next time.
Mommy News:
I'm feeling like I have more energy, which is great! I have a dozen projects in my head that I want to get done before we start on the nursery... classic nesting syndrome, I know, I'll post on one of the funny/frustrating project once we've recovered from it.
Dr. Gregory says my weight is on track but I feel she is just being nice. I feel ginormous! :)
McBaby is kicking like crazy on the lower left side of my tummy so his head is to the right. It only hurts when he kicks my bladder and a nerve... sharp pains, ouch!
I don't sleep much but I feel like I'm getting through the day better with little sleep. For those who don't know, I am a TRUE tummy sleeper. I don't even sleep on a pillow, just flat mattress.  I am still able to sleep on my stomach with a pillow between my legs mostly on my left so I don't crush McBaby's head... which is the only way I can fall asleep after getting up umpteen times to tinkle. TMI... :)

Thank you all for your prayers and keep them coming! 82 days left! :)

1 comment:

Jessica Bradford Odom said...

I know what all your lab work means!!! YAY! :)