Monday, January 17

Birthing Class

Jared and I spent our Saturday at Gold's Gym Brookwood Medical Center for our birthing class. I'm really glad we did this!

Our instructor, Connie, did an excellent job highlighting topics and answering questions. The videos were rated R but they painted the picture very nicely. :) If anything, I think the class got Jared and me more excited.

Here is a vimeo similar to the non-r rated parts where they just showed us animations:

Childbirth (Birth) 3D Video Animation from childbirth on Vimeo.

HOW AMAZING IS THAT?/!!

Connie's Q/A time:
Question: What does a contraction feel like?
Answer: They can be different... The BACK contraction is when you feel your tummy tighten and then a painful band of fire across your back. The BOTTOM contraction is when you feel your tummy tighten and then a severe cramping with a band of fire in your "bottom" area. (Ding ding the bottom one described exactly what I experienced this weekend! Ouch!) If you have more then 6 in an hour you need to call your doctor!

We also took a tour of Brookwood and OMG it is a ridiculously confusing building! So, if you come to visit us I'll let Jared give you directions! Please see an example of one of my directionally challenged past posts, LOST. :)
Interestingly enough, out of the 14 couples that were there only 2 of us were having boys! Wow, right?

I think we are going to one more class and then we'll feel like we are in the know! :)

No comments: