Friday, February 13

Darn that Doggy Deed

Some facts Leah shared with me and some I found as we are trying to deal with Toby’s natural urges while Miami is in heat! (Should you have a weak stomach for doggy deed detailed information please stop reading NOW!)

  1. What is the Heat/Season/Estrus Cycle and how long does it last? – (a) Proestrus: Begins with the signs of bleeding from the Vagina. On average, will last between four and nine days. You will normally see an enlarged vulva, and excessive urination. Persistence of Male Dogs will increase but she is yet to mate with anyone. (b) Estrus: Is when the female dog is able to become pregnant and will mate with another dog. Discharge from the vagina tends to be more yellow than red blood. The female dog will mate with anyone at this stage, which lasts, on average, for four to thirteen days. (c) The average is three weeks or 21-days every 6 months. In some dogs, it lasts only two weeks while others go four weeks. The highest chance of pregnancy occurs during the middle of that cycle.

  2. A male dog can smell a female dog in heat up to 3 miles away and they suffer! (I truly feel sorry for Toby, I know he is so confused!)

  3. Some females are very determined to not be bred, and will attack the male viciously (hopefully this describes Miami, sorry Toby). Other females will breed with every dog in the neighborhood if they are given the opportunity to do so.

  4. Do not take her for walks at all, but keep her confined to the fenced back yard for the whole time. The reason for this is that she will urinate frequently while on a walk, just to let the boys know she is available. The males will pick up the scent and follow her trail to your home. You really don't want a motley collection of canine suitors hanging around your house. (CRAP! Wish I had read this yesterday! I took Miami and Toby for a walk last night thinking that it would release tension… that wasn’t the best idea!! Sorry neighbors!)

Miami started two weeks ago on Thursday which is when I put her first diaper on! Toby has only been constantly licking but not much deed action until this Wednesday night when he relentlessly was deeding the air, licking and whining. Because of the whining Leah took Toby upstairs really early but he got back at her by keeping her up all night howling for Miami! Last night Leah had plans to eat dinner with a friend so I had a plan to distract the dogs! When I got home I put Miami’s collar on Toby and allowed Miami to walk about 7 feet in front of us with no leash (she is very obedient so I knew she would mind me during our physical exertion). Toby just followed her in full strength all around the neighborhood smelling and marking wherever she leaked! When we got back to the house I kept him on a leash while I put Miami’s diaper back on. This walk had not tired him very much at all! So, I had planned to give them each a bath and Toby was first! In the bath Toby was very good as long as Miami stayed in the room with us! I then dried his hair and he remained fairly calm. Then Miami’s turn to take a bath… Toby tried to jump in the bath with her but I made him sit beside me the whole time and he obeyed. After I got them dry and fairly calm we sat down to watch Private Practice, Miami on my left and Toby laying on my right. Each time Toby would whine I held his snout shut and said ”no sir!” It would work after the second or third “no sir” so we had some very pleasant couch time UNTIL… I pulled my cover on me and felt something moist! Hum… put the blanket in the washing machine and decided to test to see if that moistness that was not urine came from him. Miami has a diaper on so why not put a diaper on “Sir Humps A lot” and see if that might calm him down or maybe just distract him from his need to do the deed… this really did make a lot of since at the time but looking back now I realize it was a bit silly!



Here is a video of my big failure of the night! I originally made this video b/c when Miami first gets her diaper on she walks really funny… I had no intention of “torturing” poor Toby… I just wanted Leah to see him walk funny! ;(



In this video Toby gets his freedom… notice right after I take off the diaper he starts to do the deed to the air near Miami… if you can’t understand what I’m saying in the video I said “Toby you want this back on, now quit!”


Hopefully I will not be posting about hybrids on the way but I wonder how much a HavaJack would go for? :)

1 comment:

Paul and Sarah said...

That is so funny with the two dogs. I love the new background!