Tuesday, February 17

A Diaper Wreath for Baby Hardy

Whitney Hardy’s baby shower was full of games, laughter and silliness! I love spending time with the CORE group ladies we always have so much fun! For the shower I made a diaper wreath for baby Hardy. I found the directions by googling “Diaper Wreath” and found several websites that basically all said the same things.
  • Buy a wreath mold for the size wreath you desire at a store like Michael's

  • Unfold the diapers, so they make a long rectangle. Don't unfold the wing parts, just unfold the main crease along the bottom. (I used infant size diapers)

  • Wrap the diaper around the wreath, so that the crease is towards the middle of the ring and the top of the diaper sticks out away from the middle. Place a clear rubber band around the top of the diaper to secure it to the wreath. Don’t try to wrap it around multiple times, like you would for hair. Just once will do. (Since I used smaller diapers I wrapped tow separate bands around each)

  • Add the rest of the diapers. There are two ways to do this:
    Overlap each following diaper onto the previous diaper, to create a smooth, slightly swirled look for the end result. When you get to the final diaper, you will have to undo the elastic from the top of the first one, so that you can slide the last diaper underneath the edge. (This is how I did it) Or... Squish each diaper up against the side of the previous one, making a bunched appearance. While this looks a bit less finished, it does have the bonus of not having to do anything special for the final diaper.

  • Continue adding diapers until the entire ring is covered.

  • Decorate the wreath with ribbons. (I used blue and brown b/c that was the theme we used for the shower)

  • Attach the gifts. With ribbon by curling the ribbon or crisscrossing the ribbon and tying on the back.

  • Add whatever special touches you want, and present a personal and handy gift to the mom-to-be! (I added letters I painted that says “a Hardy Boy”)

**These directions I got from the following website… visit the link and see the pictures that go with the directions. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Diaper-Wreath**

Here is the finished product of "a Hardy Boy" wreath! I had a lot of fun making it!
The beautiful flowers and yummy dinner

Here is the cake Laura made, isn't it fabulous!!

The baby blue mints that Ashley made were a special touch and the ribbon Jessa tied to the wine glasses are the same that I used on parts of the wreath! I'm lovin' the unplanned coordination!








Campbell, Maghan's dog, really wanted to join the party!







Hostesses with the Mommy-to-be ( I stole this from Ashley's blog... thanks girl!)

(Top L-R Ashley Cosby, Jamie Grizzle, Whitney Hardy, Bethany Faucett, Martina Penter, Laura Davis; Bottom L-R Maghan Craig, me, Jessa Mullen)

1 comment: