Thursday, May 20

Bust a Quote - Our silly world of quotes

Every member in my family is a self-proclaimed movie expert! We enjoy watching all types of movies (over and over again) and delight in picking movies apart feeling very passionate about where we have tagged them (the good, bad and in-between)! We are also prideful fans of the best TV show ever, Friends! So naturally when we get together for any event we have to begin quoting our favorite lines in any movie or show that sticks out to us at any given moment in any conversion… all convos have free rein to bust a quote!

In an effort to include my fellow bloggers in family inside pleasantries, I wanted to let you in on one quote from a “must see” movie that the girl cousins have seen countless times and randomly quote.

Quotes from one favorite scene in Summer Magic:
Julia: Why yes, because of Charles.
Nancy: Oh, so it's "Charles" now, is it?
"Oh, Mr. Bryant. I couldn't hit your croquet ball."
"I'm too weak and dainty."
"But I might take a weensy push at Big Jim Jeffries-Nancy Carey's ball."
Whack!
"Mercy! I only sent her 100 yards, but I couldn't hit you."
Nancy: Hilarious.
Julia: If you knew how you look pretending to be dumb.

So don’t be surprised if you ever visit a Hamilton/Bradford get together and someone interrupts your stories to say remember when in ____ movie when ____ character does _____ … or we’ll simply break out other rusty quotes before you can even finish your thought, like:
Whip crack away…
God Bless Kurt…
Like a glove…
Oh the fates…
Super cool party people bid ya super cool adieu!
…Um, ok. The fifth dentist caved and now they're all recommending Trident?
Should I use my invisibility to fight crime, or for evil?
“Should we all expect Christmas gifts that can be stolen from your office?” …”You shouldn't. “
“I figured after work, I'd pick up a bottle of wine, go over there, and try to... woo her.” “Hey, you know what you should do? Take her back to the 1800's when that phrase was last used.”
How do you not fall down more often?
Yeah. It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo.
Are you actually saying these words?
“That's a great name... for an industrial solvent…”
“Rain? "Hi, my name is Rain. I have my own kiln and my dress is made out of wheat."” …“I know her!”
Oh, it's mine. I wrote a note to myself, and then I realized I didn't need, so I balled it up... And now I wish I was dead.
Well, I guess it wasn't Cupid that brought her here after all. No, just another regular flying dwarf.
Calli, Jen, Jess, Me, and Codie (Ashley isn't in this pic)

Hey Family, leave comments of some of our other quotes that I didn’t include… please keep them PG! :)

1 comment:

Paul and Sarah said...

Welcome back Rachel!!!