Tuesday, May 18

Black Jack Dies

I've been working with this stubborn horse for a little over a year and he died last week.

Papa got Black Jack with Red about two years ago. Black Jack had a great disposition except that he spooked easily and balked occasionally, which is why no one but me enjoyed riding him. I loved working on his gait!! The last time I rode him was 2 months ago and he could go from a saddle gait to a lope back to a saddle gait like changing gears in a car, fabulous! I'm really going to miss him! :'(

Jared riding Cisco and Me on Black Jack

3 comments:

Leah said...

that's a great picture! RIP BJ!

mountainmelody said...

Aw, sad! :(

Jamie Grizzle said...

I'm sorry to hear that! I know you have a special place in your heart for all of your horses. I keep telling Ben that as soon as I am not pregnant anymore I want a martini and to ride a horse!