Wednesday, May 26

The Ugly Truth of Tennis

I am not one of those graceful girls that glisten when she plays sports! I am splotchy red, awkward, trip over my own feet, swing and miss, uncoordinated, zero hand eye coordination, look like I'm going to pass out type girls who you would not want to stand within 5 feet of after playing 20 minutes of tennis, especially in humid summer Alabama weather!
Me, a great example of my awkwardness... :)

Last week Jared and I first started to play tennis, see Hit and Giggle, the second time was a joke, I was awful and hit the ball out of the fence several times! In Jared's words, "You don't really look like you are trying..." I blamed my lack of ability on the huge bruise on my wrist I got the previous night, apparently I don't know how to hold a racket!

So, last night Leah joined us on the court and we all took turns hitting the ball back and forth...again no keeping score, baby steps! :) Leah showed me how to hold the racket so it doesn't create yet another bruise and while I need to get use to how it feels it did spare my wrist!

Quotes:
Leah: That's what she said...

Jared: Are you ready to go?
Rachel: I'm already gross, let's keep playing
Jared: Is that the only reason?
Rachel: Oh yeah... and I'm having fun. [fake smile followed by genuine smile]
Rachel: Oops sorry! Good grief?

Jared: That was good babe
Rachel: Are you sure?
Leah: A lot more have been in then you think

Leah: You are a lot better then you think

Rachel: Ron would not have pulled his wand out like that...

Jared: I'm playing left handed

Leah: Are we as bad as they look?
Rachel: Oops, I wasn't paying attention... I'm ready now

Rachel: It hit my rim... my frame... I mean my rim... which is it?
Jared & Leah: FRAME!

Rachel: I ka... (breath) I tr... (breath) I fi... (breath) I'll (breath) tell (breath) you (breath) later (breath)...

Jared: [as we walked to the car] I hope our kids get my athletic ability!!
Rachel: me too!



Me and Jared after playing our longest grueling hit and giggle game yet! ;)

3 comments:

Paul and Sarah said...

ha ha that is so funny about the athletic ability... I tell Paul all the time that I hope our kids get his brains and my looks (ouch that's mean)

Jessica Bradford Odom said...

Quotes are hilarious! Ron really wouldn't pull his wand out like that.... :)

(by the way, I have Book 7 on CD now and I am listening to it again on my ipod.)

Rachel said...

If I can keep up the tennis I might try and figure out some way to compare my progress to Hogwarts's students… I know I’m obsessed! :)