Tuesday, April 28

Fishing, Bush Hogging and a Stubborn Horse

I stayed up until early Thursday morning reading my book so Jared and I slept in (me more than him)! We woke up to another beautiful day at SawGrass and decided to go fishing... well Jared fished and I laid out in the sun while picking up right where I left off in Eclipse!
-
Pics of Big Bass Lake at SawGrass. Papa built a dam creating this lake 3 years ago... the trees will eventually rot but I think it's pretty! :)


-
Jared caught a bunch of runts when I was with him and you know he loved pausing to take a pic!

It was pretty hot so before I went in we took a dip! Jared jumped right in but it took me a while to decide to freeze! Whew!! Chilly! :)

After I left Jared to fish with Papa I bush hogged for an hour or so singing along with my Wicked soundtrack at the top of my lungs. Love it!
-
Here are some pics of the entrance and the lodge.

Later on I went riding by myself on BlackJack. BlackJack's gait has been off lately taking to much effort to get him in a saddle gait so I decided to work him. He is a balker and every time I got on him he would dance as he balked and backed up letting me know he was not going to leave the barn so I walked him a ways then got on him and he balked again... this happened several times until finally (a few feet blisters and 10 mosquito bites later, past the torched four wheeler, around Cougar Lake and down to The Big Catfish Lake) I won and he did superbly!! His saddle gait is almost as smooth as Cisco's! So I guess you can say that I’m as stubborn as a horse! :)
-
When I got back it was almost dark so I had just enough time to get ready for our next Silver Star night... there was a live band and people everywhere! I found a corner and read until Jared was ready to leave at 3:30 AM! :)

No comments: