Tuesday, April 7

Good Eatin' and the Movies

Saturday night Leah, Colton and I went to eat at Chuck's Fish for some fabulous sushi then we were off to the movies. Colton passed on seeing the Pixar film that our cousin Calli suggested so we went to see Duplicity... lets just say it's a renter at best!
It's hard to compare this movie to any action/CIA movie so here you go... it was overly complicated and completely pointless like the Audrey Hepburn and William Holden film Paris - When it Sizzles... even though I did like the old movie feel it had. I didn't figure out the movie before the climax at the end but I didn't feel the ahh ha! feeling I usually feel at the end of movies like lets say A Beautiful Mind!
-

Sunday morning Colt and I went to church and afterward we met up with Codie for lunch at MugShots... Yum!! We were running late to our next weekend movie event Monsters vs. Aliens, the Pixar movie Colton passed on the night before, but would surly only miss the previews when...... we not only got stuck by this train but it completely stopped right here for what seemed like ages!!!
-
Since we missed the first tenish minutes we were a little lost at first but this turned out to be a really good movie. On a scale from 1 to 10 (a 10 being the first Shrek) I would say Monsters Vs. Aliens was a strong 7 (where the second Shrek would be a weak 6). Going to the movies to see it was totally worth it, we were all laughing throughout!


Moral of the story... Calli knows her movies!! :)

3 comments:

Lanie said...

I don't know what has gotten into you with this latest blogging craze... but I LOVE it! Hope you're having a great week. It won't be long before you can have a husband again, April 15th is just around the corner!

Rachel said...

I know! I can't wait! :)

Paul and Sarah said...

Ok I hope the movie is good. Paul and I loved (well more like I loved it) and I wasnt sure about this one but now I will have to go see it.