Thursday, April 9

Guess That MOVIE!

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.
-------

1. "There was a rich man from Nottingham/ who tried to cross a river/ What a dope/ he tripped on a rope/ Now look at him shiver. Beg for mercy, rich man."

2. "Becky! Come here. Somethin' I ought to tell you. Guess now's as good a time as any. You're going to have every young buck west of the Missouri around here tryin' to marry you - mostly because you're a handsome filly, but partly because I own everything in this country from here to there. They'll think you're going to inherit it. Well, you're not."

3. "If I'd needed your help MATE..I would have asked for it. " / "Don`t throw effort after foolishness" / "A man without a horse is like a man without legs "

4. “Back off monkey-boy, or I'll tell your daddy you're running this place like you're own personal piggie-bank... or maybe I should call the IRS and arrange a little vacation for you at club FED!”

5. "It's not every day you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention."

6. "I'll tell you one thing, Fred, darling... I'd marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?" / "Yes. I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison. Sing Sing, I mean. Sounds more like it should be an opera house or something." / "It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I'll give you two."

7. "A bird may love a fish senore, but where would they live?"

8. "Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions."

9. "Kurt! That's the one I left out. God bless Kurt! "

10. “Does Princess Sophia want to come out and play?” / “You can't lose something you never had.”

11. “All right, you baaaaaad boy. But no more freebies.” / “Look at this! Yes! Heh, heh. Combination hookah and coffee maker, also makes Julienne fries. Will not break! Will not-… It broke!”

12. "Oh, but if he seems happy, I will know that he's decided to marry Harriet, and I will not, I know I will not be able to let him tell me. But if he seems sad, I'll know that John has advised him against it. I love John! Or he may seem sad because he fears telling me he will marry my friend. How can John let him do that? I hate John!"

13. “There's a lot of people out there, and they ain't just gonna go away. They got voices now and they're goin' to be listened to. Putting them in jail is not going to stop them. That's the power of the press, Joe. So thanks for teaching me about it.”

14. “You know, your mood swings are kinda giving me whiplash.”

15. “No, no, no, I never said that... Yes, that's right, they can't be friends. Unless both of them are involved with other people, then they can... This is an amendment to the earlier rule. If the two people are in relationships, the pressure of possible involvement is lifted... That doesn't work either, because what happens then is, the person you're involved with can't understand why you need to be friends with the person you're just friends with. Like it means something is missing from the relationship and why do you have to go outside to get it? And when you say "No, no, no it's not true, nothing is missing from the relationship," the person you're involved with then accuses you of being secretly attracted to the person you're just friends with, which you probably are. I mean, come on, who the hell are we kidding, let's face it. Which brings us back to the earlier rule before the amendment, which is men and women can't be friends.”

2 comments:

Jessa Mullen said...

Well I put my guesses on FB, but I will add them here too..
#1 Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves (LOVE that movie)
#9 Sound of Music: Another favorite..
that is about it that I think I know.. I just knew yours would be hard..

Rachel said...

I'll give some more hints later. I love movies... I tried not to pick ones that you, Amy and Heather picked but these are some of my favs!! I think only two of them are old!