Thursday, April 9

Guess That MOVIE! ... results. :)

1. "There was a rich man from Nottingham/ who tried to cross a river/ What a dope/ he tripped on a rope/ Now look at him shiver. Beg for mercy, rich man." Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Jessa Mullen guessed correctly)


2. "Becky! Come here. Somethin' I ought to tell you. Guess now's as good a time as any. You're going to have every young buck west of the Missouri around here tryin' to marry you - mostly because you're a handsome filly, but partly because I own everything in this country from here to there. They'll think you're going to inherit it. Well, you're not." McClintock (Amy Jones guessed correctly)

3. "If I'd needed your help MATE..I would have asked for it. " / "Don`t throw effort after foolishness" / "A man without a horse is like a man without legs "
EXTRA HINTS: "You can bid the mob goodday." / "There are a dozen good brood mares in that mob. I'll be back for them... and for whatever else is mine." / "He's not a lad, brother, he's man. He's a man!" Nobody guessed this one, must have been to hard... sorry!

4. “Back off monkey-boy, or I'll tell your daddy you're running this place like you're own personal piggie-bank... or maybe I should call the IRS and arrange a little vacation for you at club FED!” The Mask (Calli Davis guessed correctly)

5. "It's not every day you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention." 10 Things I Hate About You (Amy Jones guessed correctly)

6. "I'll tell you one thing, Fred, darling... I'd marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?" / "Yes. I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison. Sing Sing, I mean. Sounds more like it should be an opera house or something." / "It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I'll give you two."
EXTRA HINTS: "He's all right! Aren't you, cat? Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's." Breakfast at Tiffany's (Calli Davis guessed correctly)

7. "A bird may love a fish senore, but where would they live?" Ever After (Calli Davis guessed correctly)

8. "Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions." Shrek (Calli Davis guessed correctly)

9. "Kurt! That's the one I left out. God bless Kurt!" The Sound of Music (Amy Jones and Jessa Mullen guessed correctly)

10. “Does Princess Sophia want to come out and play?” / “You can't lose something you never had.” How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (Calli Davis guessed correctly)

11. “All right, you baaaaaad boy. But no more freebies.” / “Look at this! Yes! Heh, heh. Combination hookah and coffee maker, also makes Julienne fries. Will not break! Will not-… It broke!” Aladdin (Calli Davis guessed correctly)

12. "Oh, but if he seems happy, I will know that he's decided to marry Harriet, and I will not, I know I will not be able to let him tell me. But if he seems sad, I'll know that John has advised him against it. I love John! Or he may seem sad because he fears telling me he will marry my friend. How can John let him do that? I hate John!" Emma (Amy Jones guessed correctly)

13. “There's a lot of people out there, and they ain't just gonna go away. They got voices now and they're goin' to be listened to. Putting them in jail is not going to stop them. That's the power of the press, Joe. So thanks for teaching me about it.” The Newsies (Calli Davis guessed correctly)

14. “You know, your mood swings are kinda giving me whiplash.” Twilight (Calli Davis guessed correctly)

15. “No, no, no, I never said that... Yes, that's right, they can't be friends. Unless both of them are involved with other people, then they can... This is an amendment to the earlier rule. If the two people are in relationships, the pressure of possible involvement is lifted... That doesn't work either, because what happens then is, the person you're involved with can't understand why you need to be friends with the person you're just friends with. Like it means something is missing from the relationship and why do you have to go outside to get it? And when you say "No, no, no it's not true, nothing is missing from the relationship," the person you're involved with then accuses you of being secretly attracted to the person you're just friends with, which you probably are. I mean, come on, who the hell are we kidding, let's face it. Which brings us back to the earlier rule before the amendment, which is men and women can't be friends.” When Harry Met Sally (Amy Jones guessed correctly)



I love guessing movies!! Thanks Jessa, Amy and Calli for guessing mine!! :)

If you have never seen Man From Snowy River check out this YouTube clip, this is one of my favorite parts of the movie! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9V3sgJxB0o

4 comments:

Sarah Nicholson said...

Hey girls, what's up? I found your blog on my sister's and I wanted to say hey. I saw pics of your dog on fb... she is so cute! We just got a labradoodle a month ago and are having so much fun with her. I hope you and Jared are doing well... seems like you are :)

Anna said...

That's impressive, Rachel! :)

Rachel said...

Hey Sarah!! Your wedding pics are so pretty!!! I love my puppy, I'm sure yall will love having one around too!

Amy Jones said...

OMG, how did I miss TWILIGHT!?!?! We should definitely arrange a GNO when New Moon comes out ...