Wednesday, June 4

CORE Group and Mystery Fun Night:

Although Mystery Fun Night took place in April these are great pictures to introduce to you my CORE group at Church. Let’s back up a bit... Jared and I moved to Birmingham in August 2006. Growing up together at the University Church of Christ in Tuscaloosa we knew what we were looking for in a church home. So began our search. We went to Homewood one September Sunday Morning and the first person we met after walking in the door was an elder named Butch. Butch walked us across the church building to the Young Marrieds class which met for the first time that day. Jared and I walked up to the first table (which of course was in the back of the room) and sat down beside this loud girl who introduced herself as Martina Penter. I had an instant draw to her b/c of her bubbly personality and inviting nature!! She instantly told me that she, her husband Cameron and the Craigs (which I had not met yet) were starting a CORE group of Young Marrieds with no kids (totally stressing the NO KIDS part). My first thought was wow this is what we have been praying for… so Jared and I joined, along with the Walters, to make the original four couples of the Young Marrieds CORE Group with NO KIDS. This group has been a blessing to us as we have had a lot going on in our lives the past 2 years! The CORE group as a whole has been blessed as well because we grew too large to stay one group... we "multiplied" into two groups at the beginning of 2008… around the time the Penters announced they are having a baby… We are now Young Marrieds Group - Babies welcomed …So in an effort to keep our two groups in touch we arrange fun nights like Mystery Fun Night where we had a husbands vs. wives scavenger hunt... let us not rehash the details of the wives nasty loss;) Enjoy the pictures.





The husbands making fun of the wives


(Top, Right to Left: Jared, Shawn - Bottom, Right to Left: Justin, Mike, Camron, Hal and Whitney)


The Wives with two random guys walking out of Walmart


(Top, Right to Left: Rachel, Whitney, Heather - Middle, Right to Left: Ashley, Jessa, Maghan, Martina - Bottom: no clue)


The Wives with a motorcycle man

3 comments:

The Penter Family said...

I guess I have to eat my "no kids" words now! Ha-Ha. That is funny because I don't even remember saying that, but I definitely belive it because it sounds like me!

Rachel said...

It's really funny now!! Remember the first SawGrass weekend you, me, Maghan and I think Lanie was still there trying to come up with nicknames for each other... your nick name for yourself was "the Best Ever" and you gave me the nickname "Preg-o" and said JT and I would be kicked out of the group if we got pregnant:) Then you sent out an e-mail to just the Core Group girls that had the Wednesday night newsletter that announced the Woodwards are pregnant... I forwarded it to my mom after you sent it to me stressing in the e-mail that it was a JOKE... she didn't get that it was a joke and called me in a panic!! She reminded me of that a few weeks ago:)

Jamie Grizzle said...

A professional blogger already! I am so excited you have joined the ranks!!!