Thursday, June 5

SawGrass

For you avid readers it is important to know about SawGrass b/c it will be a constant topic. It is my family's hunting lodge on 2,000 + acres of beautiful Gainesville, Alabama countryside with eight ponds throughout the property. At SawGrass I enjoy doing just about anything outdoors but riding horses is how I spend most of my time. While I do enjoy many travel spots SawGrass is my favorite place to be so naturally I reference it frequently while talking to friends and co-workers- which leads me to my next story... A fellow co-worker had learned of my love for horses and after sitting down for lunch on my second day of work at WMU she knavishly brought up that she loves horses and takes riding lessons. I immediately told her that I frequently go to my parent's lodge to ride and am always looking for people to go with me. She and others with us got excited about this so we made plans for that Saturday to drive to SawGrass for the day. Below are pics of our perfect day at SawGrass.



Leah riding Comet


Melody riding Whiskey


Sarah giving Cisco a kiss for the fabulous ride

Starting our ride toward the Southwest end of the property

We are almost across the Snake Pass, where we heard several snakes falling from the trees into the ponds

Time to feed all the horses




Below are SawGrass scenery pics

Snake Pass


Look closely and you can see a snake laying across the branches



















An unforgettable beginning and ending of our day.... On the way there and back I did introduce them all to Tuscaloosa's Taco Casa - the best food ever and under the biggest cactus in town.

2 comments:

Lisa Lee said...

Yay! I found your blog! :) I want to visit SawGrass again. These girls sound like they were more advanced riders than myself. Hahaha! And Taco Casa ...of course.... I think I'll be in Birmingham June 21-23. We have to catch up in "real" world and not "blog" world. Keep up with the posting!! Miss you!

Leah said...

"knavishly" Heehee :) Thanks so much for such a fun day!!
Leah