Monday, June 30

Weekend with the Pensacola Woodwards and Disney Princesses

We arrived at the Pensacola Woodward home Thursday night around 10 PM. A tired Doug and a glowing pregnant Tiffany welcomed us at their door… the kids, Mackenzie, 5, and Will, almost 2, were asleep. We stayed up for a while catching up and talking about the weekend plans.

Friday morning, planning to go to the beach, Jared and I woke up to the pitter patter of Mackenzie trying in a mischievous way to wake us up so we could play. Around late morning, Jared and I decided to set aside our beach plans so we could spend more time with our niece and nephew. After an intense game of Disney Princess checkers (I won but Mackenzie is very good), Jared joined us in an attempt to play Disney Princess Go Fish (we later found out that we didn’t play it the right way), 2 games of Disney Princess Old Maid, and 2 games of Disney Princess Crazy 8. The morning full of games was a great learning opportunity for Jared, he now knows every Disney Princess character by name:). Soon after lunch, Jared joined Doug at the golf course while Mackenzie and I put in a DVD that instructed us on how to draw Disney Princess characters… we drew and colored Arial, it was tuff stuff but Mackenzie was satisfied, so I counted it as a success. For dinner the adults went to a delicious restaurant called the Atlantis at the Dockside Restaurant then went to the movie Wanted, which was fabulous (but beware of the goriness and language)!

Saturday morning Jared woke up early to play golf with Doug and some of Doug’s golfing buddies at their club. I began my morning playing Twister, the only non-princess game; this is the first interest Will had in joining our fun. Mackenzie and I then played one more game of Disney Princess checkers before getting ready for the beach. After picking up lunch we arrived at the parking lot near the beach at 12:30ish and lathered up the kids with spf 50. Then we hiked through the sand finding our spot in front of the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. Missing my feet, I then lathered myself with spf 50 before beginning the search for seashells that lasted the rest of the afternoon with Mackenzie and Tiffany… In between time Tiffany and I took turns filling Will’s bucket with water so he could pour it in his face, he is so cute! Tiffany’s dad, Luther, joined us around 2ish, with freshly cut watermelon, yum!… shortly after coming on the scene Luther took the kids up to their condo’s pool because the purple flag was up at the beach- meaning, there were many jellyfish in the ocean. Tiffany and I enjoyed the sun for a little longer then joined the kids at the pool where we were met by Doug and Jared. Following the relaxing pool time, we all went up to talk and spend time with Kathy, Tiffany’s mom, and Luther, who are the sweetest people! The men took the kids home so Tiffany and I could catch up while waiting for pizza to take home to the crew. Will finally warmed up to me and wanted me to sit by him while we ate dinner, yay! Our final game with Mackenzie took place after dinner. We played Disney Princes Monopoly, Jared’s pawn was Mulan, Mackenzie pawn was Aurora and my pawn was Bell... it was a quick version of the real monopoly game but after an hour of play it was past Mackenzie’s bedtime, for a 5 yr old her unwavering concentration is amazing!... I must confess I slipped about $20 into the bank leaving me with $3 so that I would lose and the game would end. The results of this game - Jared won by A LOT, Mackenzie came in second, and I lost. Before Mackenzie went to bed she asked her mom if Aunt Rachel was going to be here tomorrow to play, Tiffany told her no, b/c I had a baby shower to be at the next day, Mackenzie then said “Well, can uncle Jared just stay?” :)

Both Jared and I enjoyed our weekend at the Pensacola Woodward home. I loved catching up with Tiffany and playing with Mackenzie and Will. – Sorry there are no pictures from the weekend, I left my camera in my sister’s car from the previous weekend travels... oops!!

No comments: