Friday, May 22

A Sidekick for a Four-Wheeler

After our explosive week at SawGrass in April, Jared and I have been searching for a Suzuki Sidekick to replace the once fully functional four-wheeler. I found a Sidekick on craigslist.com Monday for a great price and all the extras that Papa wanted. Leah, Jared and I took a road trip Monday night to Anniston to check it out. Leah was the only one out of the three of us who had the confidence to drive a 5 speed. Although our test drive started with a big stall in front of an audience and a swerving car behind us, Leah did excellent!

The money and title was exchanged on Tuesday! (Thanks to Jason for suggesting that we take a Bill of Sale with us!) Now it is all ours and ready to get to it's new home at SawGrass!


Craigslist ad. "1995 suzuki side kick jxl 5 speed, air, heat ,electic windows 4x4 runs great. has crack on passengers side front windshied but does not obstruct view. " - it also has a trailor hitch!

I drove behind Leah on the way home just in case. :)



Leah, conqueror of the 5 speed!

-

Wednesday Jared taught me how to drive a stick in the Sidekick. I did pretty good but need to practice. :)

Me, Miami and Jared


This Sidekick is off to Sawgrass this weekend! I'll let you know how Papa likes his new toy!

4 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Looks good!! Can't wait to ride in it!

Paul and Sarah said...

Congrats on finding the Sidekick! Looks good! Try not to blow up this one.

Jessica Bradford Odom said...

Fun!!! I don't know how to drive a 5-speed either. Alex tried to teach me the other day... I can't seem to get into first without leaving ruts and destroying our road :)

Rachel said...

I still stall but I've got better this past weekend! :)