Tuesday, July 21

A Weekend with Colton: Alabama Adventure

My youngest brother Colton spent the weekend with me and Jared.
He called me Thursday to see if I would take him to Alabama Adventure and I was totally up for it. Saturday Mom met me to hand off Colton. We then headed straight to Alabama Adventure.
Pulling into the park I noticed a few cars on the outside of the park; hum… the answer soon followed, parking $10!
Tickets were $34.99 but I had a "buy one, get one free ticket," expiration date September 2008, they took it. Whew! :)
We rode all the roller coasters first which was so much fun... Colton kept asking me, "are you ready for this," before each ride... I think he was a little scared but totally conquered them all! I loved experiencing the scary rides with him!

When we were done with the roller coasters we headed to the water park side. The one slide that Colton really wanted to go on he called the Toilet Flush... basically you plunge 50 ft in an enclosed tube and explode out into a giant bowl and spin uncontrollably before you're dropped out from the bottom into a deep pool. After waiting in this line forever, with a 12 year old girl in front of us who gawked at my super cute brother and found any excuse to say something to him, we made it to the top where the life guard directed us in how to slide. He told us to make sure to watch your feet. I went first sliding down in the dark then the light hit me at the same time that I hit my head just as hard as I could on the giant bowl part of the slide... ouch! After dropping into the pool and adjusting my bathing suit I got out, and the life guard asked "did you hit your head? Everyone does that!"... A bit of warning people! I mean tell me to keep my head up sure but also warn me that when you get to the bowl part it bucks your head back! Sheesh! Colton then came out of the pool rubbing the back of his head as well! This, I believe, was the reason for my constant headache the rest of the weekend.
After the Flush, actually named Splashdown, Colton and I headed to the waves pool and then decided not to spend another $9 on floats for other slides and left to get ready for our movie night! :)
I wasn’t able to take pics b/c we left all our stuff in the car! :(
Overall Alabama Adventure was a lot more fun then I thought it would be but way more expensive then I would have dreamed!
A Weekend with Colton continues soon...

No comments: