Monday, March 2

Cheers To 2009

Jared and I have spent 3 New Years at the Garrett’s house playing cards and board games until after midnight. They are always so generous to welcome us into there home! Stephanie and Ryan Garrett are our fabulous friends that live in Nashville and we are lucky enough to live in Birmingham where both of their parents live, so every time they come to see the parents we get to spend time with them as well!
This New Year’s Eve we played a super fast version of Scrabble where you take seven letters and try to use up all of them in different word sequences as fast as you can. The first person to use all their letters yells 2, where the rest of us slow pokes have to grab two more letters to put into our nonexistent sequences, and on and on we go until the last letters were grabbed and someone yells done. I am the WORST speller in the universe so I knew I was going to be horrible at this game. I made it very clear at the beginning of the game that if someone sees a word in my mess of sequences to call me out on it… didn’t know that was going to be Jared over my shoulder the one game I’m not coming out negative! We were having so much fun we missed the ball drop! :)
After the Scrabble game we played my card game, Stop (it’s also called Nerts). It’s basically playing the game Solitaire with a lot of people (to many rules for me to blog about so visit this link if you are interested, http://www.pagat.com/patience/nerts.html).

The group playing Speed Scrabble

Lance and Donna Rushing (Steph's parents) are the BEST! When I said smile Lance frowned. :)

Steph and Ryan's first pic of the New Year. This was taken at 12:01 AM.

Mine and Jared's first pic in 2009!

Mr. Garrett always toasts to the New Year! (with COC Champaign)

1 comment:

mountainmelody said...

Speed Scrabble sounds fun! I'll have to try that some time.