Tuesday, March 24

Progress On Our Yard

It's coming up on mine and Jared's second summer at our fabulous house on Wisteria Trace and ask me if I've done a thing to our yard.... NO!! I got the itch to do some damage after our neighbors, the Celeste, started working on their yard.
Jared reluctantly posing as I show him destroying our hideous plastic white fence that came with the house!!

The couple that lived there before us really didn't want that fence to go anywhere... it was cemented really deep into our yard!

Emily and Leah posing at Home Depot as we gathered mulch and two potted hanging plants! Thanks ladies for joining me on my attempt to beautify my yard!

I gave our bushes a major hair cut!

Me putting the final touches before rushing to get ready for CORE group.

My potted plant!
At present this is what my front yard looks like... whew!

Yesterday when Leah and I were coming home from our walk I actually held my head up a little higher as we walked onto my clean, nice, but working progress front yard.

6 comments:

Lanie said...

Way to go making progress in the yard! That's a big undertaking. I like your new header/background. Hope you're having a great day!

Rachel said...

Thanks! you too!! :)

-- Laura -- said...

Wasn't Sunday afternoon a perfect day to be outside in the yard?! I love your hanging flowers!

Jamie Grizzle said...

It looks great! Did I tell you that our house is a D. R. Horton house and that our neighborhood looks very similar to yours? We have almost the exact same house as yours next door to us! Maybe you can give me some pointers when I have a yard and front porch to beautify!

Paul and Sarah said...

You did a great job! I love working in the yard, except for the clay.

The Cosby's said...

It looks great! Doesn't it make it feel like a totally new place? I love doing yard work!